15mi/1tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves
4 fresh spicy sausages
150ml/1/4 pint/2/3 cup tomato juice
15ml brandy (optional)
1.5ml / 1/4 tsp Tabasco sauce
Salt and freshly ground pepper
30ml/2tbsp chopped fresh corriander
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan
- Cook the onion, garlic, carrot and sausages for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sausage have evenly browned.
- Stir in the tomato juice, brandy, tobacco and sugar with salt and pepper to taste
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes until the sausage is cooked and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve at once garnished with chopped coriander.