100g caster sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
300g self raising flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
150g fresh or dried blueberries
- Line a muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy then add in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the flour and baking powder to make a thick batter, and then stir in the vanilla extract and milk.
- Add the blueberries and spoon the mixture into the muffin cases.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 180c/gas4
- Leave the blueberry muffins to cool in the tray for 10 minutes before turning out.
Top Tip: For the best blueberry muffins, don’t over-mix the ingredients