These biscuits are crispy, fruity morsels of goodness: Perfect for festive celebrations…or at any time of the year, really! Bake up a batch and enjoy across the festive season with a cup of hot chocolate, tea or coffee!
150g caster sugar
2 small free range eggs
½ tsp vanilla extract
200g plain flour
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
75g chopped walnuts
200g sweet mincemeat
1. Preheat oven to 180 °C/Gas Mark 4 and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
2. Cream the butter, sugar and eggs together, then beat in the vanilla.
3. Sift the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda together, and add to butter mixture. Mix until well blended.
4. Stir in the nuts and mincemeat, mix well.
5. Drop 20g of the biscuit mix onto the prepared baking trays. Use a fork dipped in plain flour to press the biscuits down to even thickness. Please make sure you leave enough of a gap between the biscuits as they do spread.
6. Bake the biscuits for 8 to 10 minutes until light but golden brown for a soft eat, if you prefer a crispy crunchy biscuit bake them for 12 – 15 minutes, dust them with icing sugar and leave them to cool on a cooling rack.