This recipe was created for Fairtrade Fortnight 2021, utilising Fairtrade ingredients.
- 2 tbsp Fairtrade sunflower oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 tbsp Fairtrade ground cumin,
- 1 tsp Fairtrade ground turmeric,
- 1 tsp Fairtrade ground coriander
- 300ml lamb stock or vegetable stock
- 75g Fairtrade dried apricots, chopped
- 240g tin Fairtrade chickpeas, drained
Lemon and Mint Couscous
- 250g Fairtrade couscous
- 2 Fairtrade lemons , juice and zest of
- 450 ml vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp fresh mint (Chopped)
- Add the oil to a large pan with a lid and fry the onion and mince over a medium heat until browned.
- Add the cumin, turmeric and coriander and fry for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the lamb stock, bring it to a boil then reduce the heat and cook for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Put the couscous in a heat proof bowl, add the lemon zest and juice together with the stock. Cover the bowl with a tight fitting lid or upturned plate and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Uncover the bowl and fluff the couscous up with a fork and stir through the mint.
- Add the drained chickpeas and apricots to the tagine and simmer for 5 minutes. then serve with the couscous