- 150g piece chorizo, roughly chopped
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 200g new potatoes, washed and cut into small cubes
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 mackerel fillets, halved lengthways with pin bones removed
- Large handful of fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- To prepare the potatoes, bring a medium pan of water to the boil. Add the potatoes, return to the boil and cook for about 5 minutes until par boiled. Drain in a colander.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, until most of the oil has been released. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the mackerel fillets to the pan skin side down and fry for 3-4 minutes. Turn and cook on the other side for the same time. Remove from the pan.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the onions and potatoes to the pan. Coat in the oil from the chorizo and cook for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the potatoes are cooked through and the onions golden.
- Flake the mackerel fillets with a fork and add them to the pan. Stir the tomatoes and chorizo into the pan. Gently mix and cook for 2 minutes, until piping hot.
- Stir in the parsley. Divide between 4 plates and serve with a mixed leaf salad.