THE ever-popular Middlesbrough Town Meal is just around the corner – and everyone’s invited to take part or tuck in.
The Town Meal is an annual celebration of the growing projects that have run throughout the year, with community groups and individual families reaping the rewards of growing their own fruit and vegetables in locations across the town.
Are you 14-21? Our project needs you
- 14-21 years old
- Wanting to learn new skills
- Wanting to connect with your local environment
- Keen to meet like minded young people
- Wanting to improve your local community
- Enthusiastic about being outdoors
- In transition from school
- Unemployed or not sure what to do next
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS TO GET INVOLVED IN COMMUNITY PROJECTS
ARE YOU AGED 14 —21 yrs old
Do you know a community that needs our help?
Our horticulture courses vary by season throughout the year and cover the following subjects:
- Vegetable and fruit growing: Growing food from seed, planning and soil management.
- Orchard pruning and management: Fruit tree pruning, care and propagation.
- Horticultural machinery use: Risk assessment, maintenance and safe use of petrol powered mower, brush cutter and hedge trimmer.
Middlesbrough Food Partnership aims to make the town a place where local people can eat good quality, healthy food that is easy to buy, offers value for money and is produced locally wherever possible.
Middlesbrough Environment City is working in partnership with Incredible Edible in the North East of England to create kind, confident and connected communities through the power of food.
For over 10 years Middlesbrough has been a Fairtrade Town and has ran a full range of events and campaigns. Middlesbrough successfully renewed its Fairtrade status in March 2018.
Middlesbrough Food Power is working to tackle the rising level of food insecurity across Middlesbrough, by supporting people with effective advice, useful skills and a strong support network. Creating an easy sign posting tool and confidence throughout organisations and individuals wanting to make a change throughout Middlesbrough.