Cold Homes are unpleasant to live in and can make health conditions worse. We can help make your home warm and keep you healthy during the winter months.
Middlesbrough Affordable Warmth Partnership is a group of organisations and charities from across Middlesbrough who work together to give our most vulnerable residents all the help and support they need to stay safe and warm at home – especially during the coldest months.
Our winter warmth projects are aimed at anyone who is vulnerable to the cold weather, but we would particularly like to reach:
- Older people (Over 65)
- People with health conditions which are made worse by the cold weather eg cardio-vascular disease, lung disease and asthma;
- People living with sensory loss, or dementia and their carers;
- People with disabilities and mobility problems.
- Young families with children under 5
We are working with Cleveland Fire Brigade, Staying Put Agency, Age UK Teesside, Middlesbrough CAB, Islamic Diversity Centre, 0800Repair and others to offer a range of free services including:
- Help with fuel switching and energy efficiency
- Emergency heating in case of heating breakdown
- Benefits checks and welfare advice
- Befriending and social activities
- Mobility and falls prevention information
- Healthy eating and lifestyles advice
Please contact us to see if you qualify for a grant towards repairs or replacement of your heating system.
You may also qualify for free loft and cavity wall insulation.
For help and advice please call the Affordable Warmth Team – Freephone 0800 304 7084
One to One Advice Session and Home Visits
If you would like a One 2 One advice session to get free impartial advice about saving energy, saving money on your phone bill or switching energy supplier call 0800 304 7084 to book a session at a venue convenient for you.
One-2-One sessions can be booked at the following locations:-
- Easterside Community Hub
- Newport Community Hub
- Thorntree Community Hub
- North Ormesby Community Hub
- Hemlington Community Hub
- Grove Hill Community Hub
- Cycle Centre, Middlesbrough Bus Station
During the advice session we can discuss your energy use and the energy efficiency of your home, and give energy saving help and advice where needed, we can also look at your energy bills to ensure you are on the best tariff for your circumstances. We can look for a cheaper tariff and help you through the process of changing energy supplier if needed.
To book an appointment please contact us on Freephone 0800 304 7084